December 28, 2021
New Year’s Resolutions
2022 is upon us! Here at Talking Rock, we care about the wellness of our members. No matter your age, there’s no better time to get started on your wellness goals than now.
We have put together 5 New Year’s Resolution tips you can do in 2022 to be the best version of yourself.
1) Get Enough Sleep
No matter what your age is, you should aim for 7 to nine 9 hours of sleep per night. This helps to maintain your immune system and improves memory and concentration. If you struggle to fall asleep, follow these simple suggestions:
- Avoid using your television, cell phone, and/or computer in your bedroom.
- Don’t drink caffeinated or alcoholic beverages in the evening.
- Keep your bedroom cool, comfortable, and quiet.
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day and avoid long naps.
- Stay active during the day.
- Check with your physician to see if any of your medications or medical conditions affect sleep.
2) Eat Well & Stay Hydrated
Focus on consuming high-fiber fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, along with nuts and low-fat dairy and leaner cuts of meat. Limit your consumption of processed foods.
Following these guidelines can help protect against cancer, heart disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and common illnesses caused by viruses and bacteria. Don’t forget to stay hydrated. Keep a container of water near you and take frequent sips throughout the day. Make sure to refill often!
3) Use Your Brain
Experts suggest individuals keep their wits sharp with mind-bending puzzles like crossword and sudoku. There are also plenty of activities like reading, writing, and trying a new hobby that can help you ward off a decline in mental health.
Staying physically active is one of the best health goals for individuals in the new year. Regular exercise has many benefits, including:
- Weight management.
- Alleviation of depression.
- Strong bones and muscles.
- Better sleep.
- Improved balance and fall prevention.
- Decreased risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise per day. Our Fitness Barn, outfitted with premium Life Fitness equipment, allows members to quench their athletic cravings with group fitness, yoga, pilates, cardio, and weight training.
5) Practice Prevention
It is easier to prevent illness than to treat it. In 2022, focus on preventative health measures. To get you started, you can do the following:
- Schedule your annual physical and screenings to detect and monitor chronic conditions.
- Connect with your doctor to discuss any health concerns when they occur; don’t put it off.
- Actively manage your medications.
- Wash your hands frequently!
If you’re looking to make 2022 one of your healthiest and happiest years yet, don’t put it off! Here at Talking Rock, we want you to achieve all your fitness goals, stretch further, or even just find relief from the day’s stress. With that said, we wish you and your loved ones a Happy Holidays and a safe New Year’s.
Learn more information on all things wellness at Taking Rock here.