July 8, 2019
Tips for Maintaining a Second Home
You’ve dreamed of owning a second home where you could retreat, relax and make lifelong memories. Now that you’ve realized that dream at Talking Rock, one of the premier second-home communities in the Arizona High Country, here are some tips for maintaining your home.
Fortunately, Talking Rock is a private, guard-gated master planned community that creates true lock-and leave situations for those who desire freedom to come and go as they please. Some Talking Rock properties, including the Ranch Cottages, even include yard maintenance as part of the HOA. Regardless of which neighborhood you select at Talking Rock, we recommend:
• It’s good to have someone checking on the house from time to time. Consider asking a neighbor to keep an eye on your property.
• If you welcome friends and family to stay at your home while you’re away, make a checklist of important steps to take, both when arriving and leaving. This may include turning the water heater on and off and adjusting the thermostat.
• Make a list of everything that needs to be maintained when you’re away such as the yard, storm/wind preparation and a professional house cleaner.
• While Talking Rock is a private guard-gated community, investing in a security system or home security cameras that can be viewed from a mobile app can give you additional peace of mind.
• Investing in smart home devices and appliances can aid you in controlling the home when you’re not present.
• Secure solid references, in advance of maintenance situations, for services you may need including a locksmith, air conditioning repair, a plumber, an electrician or even just a general handyman. Having these resources on speed dial just makes life easier!
Let us know your favorite tips and enjoy your new retreat in the gorgeous rolling hills of Prescott.
If you love Prescott, but like your independence, visit Talking Rock talkingrockaz.com.
Thirty minutes from downtown Prescott, this private, guard-gated master-planned community offers a variety of home sites and new customized homes, whether you want to live on the golf course or adjacent to Arizona State Trust Land. Home sites are ½ to 10 acres in size, and ready-to-move-in homes are also available.