Homes in 2019 are very different than they were even five years ago, as they reflect the way people want to live today. More than just upgrades or design, there’s a new focus on technology, functionality and what the word “luxury” truly means.
We’ve broken down how buying new, or building your own home at Talking Rock gives you today’s best features, with ideas from Mansion Global at https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/the-top-10-upgrades-to-sell-your-home-for-top-dollar-118320.
1. Retractable Glass Walls: Talk about bright! Homebuyers are asking for big windows and sliding glass walls that open to the outside. It’s a great way to make a seamless transition between indoor and outdoor living spaces. Large sliding glass also take advantage of Prescott’s incredible weather and views and provide homes a contemporary, updated look.
2. Large walk-in closets: You won’t have to worry about jamming your shoes, ties, belts and scarfs into a tiny closet or dresser when you include plans for walk-in closets throughout your new home. You’ll have the ability to neatly organize your items and add helpful storage accessories like shelves, mirrors, drawers and bins. It’s also nice to use it as a separate dressing room and when you’re not home, you can lock it to keep valuables safe.
3. Smart Home Features: We know homeowners love to use technology for convenience and efficiency. Talking Rock can install app-based home-automation systems that play music, control lighting systems and window treatments, plus regulate thermostats and access security cameras. Today’s standard of luxury oftentimes means simplifying your life through the latest technology.
4. High Ceilings: Love the spacious look of vaulted or cathedral ceilings? You’re not alone. With high ceilings, you can create the right kind of drama with chandeliers or pendant lights or make the room a bit more intimate with high-backed chairs or sofas.
5. Functionality: We hear you! Open floor plans, multi-use rooms and first-floor master bedroom suites are all options that help today’s family live the way they want to live, offering flexibility and comfort. Multi-use rooms can be used as offices, bedrooms, to create crafts, accommodate guests or treat yourself to a she/he cave.
6. Modern kitchens: Have you thought about Quartzite countertops? It’s a natural stone that’s harder than granite and more durable for kitchen use. Today’s buyers are looking for light countertop colors that aren’t too busy, large farmhouse style sinks and dramatic waterfall countertops. And how about extra storage—the Butler’s pantry with extra wine fridge, ice maker or dishwasher to hide the messy prep work when entertaining is becoming very popular.
7. Four or More Car Garage: Community members at Talking Rock love their cars and having space to park four or more isn’t discretionary for some, it’s a necessity. Building a new home allows you to create a space for four, five or six cars and ensure there is an electric car hookup if needed or even a lift if you really want to show off your collector vehicle.
In addition to what people want now, there are strong preferences for what is no longer popular and can even make it difficult to sell in today’s luxury market.
Mansion lists the following as features designers say are passé and realtors say are major turnoffs for today’s buyer:
2. Jetted bathtubs
3. French doors with mullions
4. Unsightly built-in entertainment systems
6. Heavy brown furniture
The great news is that you can get everything you want, while avoiding those major turnoffs when you build a custom home at Talking Rock.
Picture the seven custom features mentioned above at:
Arrange for a visit today! https://talkingrockaz.com/contact/
Thirty minutes from downtown Prescott, this private, guard-gated master-planned community offers a variety of home sites and new customized homes, whether you want to live on the golf course or adjacent to Arizona State Trust Land. Home sites are ½ to 10-acres in size, and ready-to-move-in homes are also available.
*Photo Credit for Waterfall Countertops and Lighter Kitchen to designer and photographer @brittnylsmith @MesaHomeSmith @littlebeamsphoto Contact: email@example.com